10 Questions for Your Divorce Attorney in Texas
It is very important to ask the important questions in your first interview with your Texas divorce attorney.
- When will you be available to take my calls? Can I call you at home? Do you let clients have your mobile phone #? How accessible are you?
- How long have you been in practice? What percentage of your practice is family law? Are you a Board Certified Family Law Specialist?
- How many cases have you taken to trial? Do you recommend mediation?
- Will you be doing the work yourself? If not, who will?
- How much is your retainer? If unused, is it refundable?
- What are your hourly rates? What about court time? What other costs are included? How much do you estimate the overall cost of my case?
- Will you send me itemized bills on a monthly basis including detail of time spent on the case?
- Do you encourage marriage counseling? Can you recommend someone?
- Do I need a CPA for my case? Can you recommend one?
- What do you expect of me?