Visitation Modification Attorneys in San Antonio

Trust Our Experience. Family Law is what we do.

All of the partners at our firm are Board Certified in Family Law - less than 1% of Texas lawyers achieve this distinction.

Visitation Modification Attorneys in San AntonioDivorces are never simple, and this especially includes modifying agreements that may have taken months to negotiate. A change to your personal or financial situation may require that you modify your visitation agreement. It is a good idea to deal with modifications swiftly so that your children experience as little disruption to their schedules as possible. However, if your ex-partner disagrees about the change, it will be difficult to quickly and successfully modify the agreement without help from a legal professional.

At Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P., our San Antonio visitation modification lawyers are available to help you with any kind of divorce decree modification, including changes to your existing visitation agreement. With our vast experience in family law throughout San Antonio and beyond, we are the best team to help you achieve a speedy modification to your existing visitation agreement that will work best for you and your child. To learn more about how we can help, schedule a consultation by calling (210) 349-9933 or contacting us online today.

Table Of Contents

    Why Do I Need a Lawyer?

    Any divorce-related matters can become contentious quickly due to their inherent personal nature. Divorce brings up issues that you and your spouse were ultimately unable to resolve and making changes to anything concerning your divorce, including modifications to a visitation agreement, can resurrect more feelings of frustration. If your circumstances require changes to your existing visitation agreement, a knowledgeable attorney can help you through the process by providing guidance and support.

    Unfortunately, many modification agreements become hostile. Finger-pointing and name-calling are often knee-jerk reactions when revisiting an old relationship. Though modifying a visitation agreement should ultimately be in the best interests of your children, your former spouse may lose sight of what is important in favor of trying to win an argument. By engaging a professional legal team to represent your interests, you can avoid much of the unproductive arguments that serve only to waste time and money. Our San Antonio divorce attorneys at Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P. can provide just the professional buffer you need so that we can keep you on track for your end goal of modifying your visitation agreement.

    Why Choose Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P.?

    At Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P., we know that family disputes can be emotionally draining, so we try to reduce the stress on you and your family by providing San Antonio’s best family law services. Our family law specialists have devoted their practice of law to help families resolve disputes in ways that work best for all the parties. Our talented attorneys and professional legal staff are here for you through every step of the process, from separation to divorce to child custody situations. We will always treat you with the courtesy and sensitivity that family law situations require.

    All the partners at Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P. are board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, the highest certification standard our state gives for any specialization, and we take our accreditation very seriously. The hundreds of clients who have trusted our firm with their family law issues are a testament to our high standards. We invite you to see for yourself with a free consultation.

    Modifying Visitation Agreements

    Visitation agreements can be modified out of court or in court. Depending on your circumstances (and whether you maintain an amicable relationship with your former spouse), an out-of-court modification may be the way for you to proceed. In situations where one parent is moving, taking a new job with different hours, or changing their lifestyle in some way, you can decide to alter your existing visitation agreement. If both parents agree that the modification makes sense for the situation and the well-being of their children, you will be able to make the desired revisions without going to court.

    If this sounds too good to be true, there is a small caveat. Even if you can make this kind of agreement to modify visitation with the other parent now, at Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P., we strongly recommend that you utilize legal professionals to draft the modification so that you have something in writing to prove that both parents are in favor of the change. A legally binding agreement will protect you and your child in any future proceedings that may call for proof that both parents agreed to a departure from what was initially ordered by the court. If you agree to an informal modification and then your ex-partner changes their mind, you will have no legal recourse against them for violating your agreement.

    If you and the other parent are not able to reach an agreement about visitation modification, you will need to take your case to family court. You will need to compile documentation relevant to the modification and make a petition explaining the proposed changes to your existing visitation agreement. This petition may be contested or uncontested. In the case of a contested petition, the other parent will offer a visitation scenario they would approve, as well as reasons why your suggested changes will not work for them. A family court judge will then consider all evidence that is presented and make a ruling in the best interest of your child or children.

    If the situation continues to be a point of contention, a judge may require mediation on the topic so that you can reach an agreement that will work for both parties and serve the best interests of your children. Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P. can also assist you with court-ordered mediation as well.

    Call Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P. Today

    At Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P., we work tirelessly to protect the interests of our clients and their families. We are always available to discuss your case and give you legal advice about a visitation modification agreement or any other type of family law situation. Your first consultation is always free, so call our modifications lawyers today at (210) 349-9933 or contact us via our website to get started.

    Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P. 12000 Huebner Rd #200 San Antonio, TX 78230 Telephone: (210) 349-9933 Fax: (210) 349-9988
    We Accept:

    Pay your bill securely Pay Now

    Schedule Appointment